Thursday, January 6, 2011

Mr. Sandman, bring me a dream...

And I mean it quite literally. Sleep has managed to evade me the past few nights. I'm not sure why but the tossing and turning is starting to take effect. I feel tired and kind of like I'm loosing my marbles.


It may not be helping that I've been getting to bed late, but when I get there, as tired as I feel I'm suddenly wide awake. And then my brain kicks in. I don't even know what I am thinking about. I have not had this many sleepless nights in a long time. Usually I can pin point the problem but at the moment I am clueless. Something is keeping my mind so occupied it won't stop perhaps? Or is it just an off week?


As this post today is brought to you by my lack of sleep, I'm going to share the random thoughts that have made up my morning so far. Oh what gems!


Cold days like this make me wish I could be somewhere warm with a surfboard beneath me, paddling out and catching a wave. I had a really hard time knowing how to spot a good wave without Doug giving me the heads up to start paddling hard. Brad was a natural and Steph knew what she was doing, and they were also great motivators. NC still stands out as one of my favourite weeks ever. 


Also, maybe not even catching a wave, just lying on the board and listening to the ocean and the sky. That is the mood I am in today. Mmmm, warm, sun, beach, board and the smell of coconut sunscreen - those are what sweet dreams are made of.


Going for coffee after work today is a brilliant plan, just what I need to get me through the rest of the day. That is exactly what I was thinking about 30 minutes ago. And I will be in good company which gives me that much more to look forward to. However...now that I think about it, as I have already had two cups today and possibly another on its way not before too long.... will coffee be the demise of what I was hoping would be my first night of a good night's sleep??? Maybe hot chocolate would be the wisest choice here. Yes. hot cocoa, that'll do :)


I'm so tired that I forgot my work pass, and my office key that is attached to it, along with proper shoes. Thankfully I had a pair stashed at my workspace in Marketing. Its days like this I'm thankful that my unorganized ways, as well as two workspaces, worked out well for me. I was not looking forward to wearing boots all day.


I'm getting stoked for Tremblant. Michelle and I leave in just over a week's time :) I really only have one big hope for the weekend.... and that is that I doesn't land me in the emergency room again. Especially being so far from home. I was very thankful fort that, Dan's smooth driving back from Wakefield that night all the way to the Civic in Ottawa while I cradled my arm in the makeshift splint and sling, and for my dad and his comforting manner that got me through the 3 hours that followed. Other things I look forward to are possibly ticking off some list items...not sure what off the top of my head, but i'm positive there are at least 1 or 2 that could be accomplished while away and have the days free to do whatever I please.


Alright, I think this is a good place to end my sleep deprived mumblings -



Outer Banks, NC


The one and only surf shot of the surf trip

Last day in Wilmington, NC

Fractured wrist on 1st day and 2nd run of the season :(
(I look fine here but I was not so happy sitting in the ER)


My lovely cast tattoos :)

Happier days! Monte Ste Marie. (The year before I fracture the wrist) 

Cruising with Steph and B-Rad towards the Outer Banks. I am so happy and calm here. Blissed out on sun, sand and love :)


No comments:

Post a Comment